At Cenegenics, we are experts in identifying the deficiencies in the body that are keeping people from reaching a better state of health, and we apply our commitment to excellence, transparency and clinical care to provide exceptional nutraceuticals improving the health of our patients.
There is an enormous difference in quality between Cenegenics nutraceuticals and typical products sold “over the counter” (OTC). In 1994 the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act was passed, removing third-party oversight from nutraceutical manufacturing.
Since then manufacturers have been able to make unsubstantiated claims about their products without penalty, and the consumer has been left in the dark regarding the actual contents of the product. OTC nutraceuticals don’t always contain the quantity of active ingredients that printed on the label and often contain other compounds not disclosed on the label.
Why should patients use Cenegenics nutraceuticals when they can get a “similar” product for lower cost at the local health food store? There are many reasons.
Consider some of the problems that have been found with OTC supplements just in the past decade.
Research points to dangerous OTC supplement contaminants
- In a study published in 2008, authors purchased 193 Ayurvedic herbs, formulas, and/or ingredients from 25 US and international nutraceutical websites.
- Twenty-five percent of the samples contained various metals including lead, mercury and arsenic, exceeding standards for acceptable daily intake.
- Seventy-five percent of the resellers had the audacity to claim they followed Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
Red rice yeast scare confirms increasing formulaic toxicities
- In 2008, four out of 10 brands of OTC Red Rice Yeast tested by ConsumerLab.com contained a mycotoxin called citrinin, which is toxic to the kidneys.
- In 2010 the Archives of Internal Medicine published a study of 12 commercial red rice yeast products, finding striking variability in monacolin (the active ingredient) content and the presence of citrinin in one-third of the formulations tested.
Overseas manufacturers operate with little or no U.S. oversight
- Eighty percent of the bulk ingredients used by U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturers come from overseas, with China being one of the largest exporters of drugs and ingredients to the U.S. China has had one of the most egregious quality control records.
- In 2008, (Lancet) the Government Accountability Office estimated that it would take the FDA approximately 13 years to inspect each overseas manufacturer at least once.
- In 2006, the FDA inspected 361 manufacturing facilities overseas, of which only 15 were in China.
So how does Cenegenics ensure the quality of its products? We are uncompromising in the following areas:
- Quality of raw material sourcing
- Testing for identity, purity and contamination
- Unique formulations with synergistic blends
All Cenegenics supplements are manufactured in the U.S.
All Cenegenics supplements undergo extensive testing to ensure they are of the highest quality.
Raw materials are sourced from around the world and are carefully analyzed for potency and purity before ever being accepted for production. Each nutritional supplement in our formulary is manufactured according to the latest FDA-certified standards and undergoes independent third-party analysis to ensure its safety and efficacy.
In addition to our GMP standards, Cenegenics works with manufacturers who hold certifications from accredited, independent third-party organizations that test and certify products to verify they meet public health and safety standards.
Through meticulous ingredient selection and rigorous quality assurance/quality control processes, Cenegenics strives to ensure consistent quality and effectiveness of our formulas.
Formulas are designed with proven research and are carefully monitored at every stage of production to deliver a finished product that lives up to its scientific promise. Additionally, Cenegenics has the ability, working with our manufacturers, to develop unique formulations to meet the specific needs of patients.
Examples of Cenegenics Product Quality
Our fish oil is certified by the International Fish Oil Standards (IFOS) program. IFOS is the only program that tests fish oil products by batch and lot number to ensure that they:
- Contain the amount of active ingredients stated on the label
- Do not contain harmful levels of contaminants like mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium, PCBs, dioxins, furans, Dioxin-like PCBs, and radiation
- Are fresh and stable (not rancid because of improper formulation, handling during manufacturing, or storage)
Probiotics are critical for the health of the intestinal tract and as well as the entire immune system. Sadly, most consumers are simply being given a bottle filled with bacteria that has little evidence of improving their health. Cenegenics has become a premier name in the health industry because its attention to detail makes the difference between a great outcome, a great waste of time and money, and possible health risks.
Whey protein powder:
Cenegenics sources its whey protein from hormone-free, antibiotic-free grass-fed cows in New Zealand – the protein powder is carefully formulated without harmful sweeteners, and avoids soy lecithin found in most OTC protein powders. It is completely free of endocrine disrupters and genetically modified organisms.
Genetic polymorphisms or SNPs (unique DNA sequences) have become more understood by many people. We are all different. And in that uniqueness lies potential challenges. If your body has a hard time taking B12 as Cyanocobalamin (found in almost all B-vitamin supplements) and transforming it into the active form methylcobalamin, you will not get the benefit you are trying to achieve. We update our formulations to use the most bioavailable forms of vitamins including activated forms of the B vitamins like folic Acid as L-5 MTHF (Methyltetrahydrofolate) instead of the more popular inexpensive and less effective form of folic acid, Vitamin B6 as P5P. At Cenegenics we treat the individual, performing blood test at regular intervals to ensure that all your blood levels are optimal.
Most minerals are not in forms that are ideal for absorption. Most products on the market use mineral salt forms that simply bind to fiber before being absorbed in the body. Or they compete with each other for absorption and can even create an imbalance in the body. Utilizing true, patented, mineral chelates, the Cenegenics formulations can increase absorption by 90 percent over traditional mineral supplements. They will not bind with fiber or compete with one another for absorption.